Moong dal Dosa- easy, healthy and wholesome dosa recipe with oats and moong dal which is apt for breakfast/dinner. I have already shared whole green moong dosa and plain yellow moong dal dosa. This oats moong dal dosa tastes similar to the above mentioned dosas with the addition of oats. This recipe is shared by my neighbor friend who cooks the most delicious food. No surprise that this oats moong dal dosa too turned out so good. This is very quick and easy to fix for breakfast/dinner as it doesn’t need any fermentation. This oats moong dal dosa is easily digestible and soft, hence it can be given to babies from 8 months with curd after introducing oats and moong dal separate.
Now let’s get on to check how to make oats moong dal dosa recipe for babies, toddlers and kids.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Moong dal - ½ cup
- Rice - ¼ cup
- Green chilli - 1
- Ginger - ½ inch piece
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Water - as needed
- Salt- adjust as per taste
- Chop green chilli, and ginger . Keep it ready. Grind the soak oats, rice and moong dal with chopped ginger and green chilli by adding little water in frequent intervals. Grind them to a smooth paste.
- Then transfer the oats moong dal batter to a separate vessel. The final consistency of the batter should be slightly thin. Now add required salt. Mix well. For making dosa's ,Heat a pan, spread the dosa thin in circular motion. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Once done flip the dosa and cook it for a minute. Remove from the pan once done and serve.
- Any type of oats can be used to make this dosa.
- You could also add 2 tbsp of finely chopped onions to the batter.
- You can give some 15 to 30 minutes of standing time after grinding the batter to get perfect dosa’s.
- Skip salt for babies below one year.
- You could make this dosa’s thin or thick as per your preference, in both the ways it tastes good.
- Always check with your pediatrician before giving any new food.