Paneer omelette – easy, quick, tasty and healthy calcium rich omelette recipe with eggs and paneer aka cottage cheese. This paneer omelette is a perfect breakfast for kids as its quite filling and wholesome. You can pack this for kids snack box as well. This is best for busy mornings when you have less time but still don’t want to compromise on nutrients, Its very easy to make and hardly takes 15 mins if you have paneer in hand.
Paneer omelette is an excellent way to include eggs in kids diet with the healthy goodness of paneer. It can be given to babies from 10 months as a finger food. Also check other omelette recipes for toddlers and kids here.
- Eggs - 3
- Grated paneer- 1 cup
- Cumin powder- ¼ tsp
- Onion - 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green chilli - 1 (optional)
- Salt - as needed
- Pepper powder - ⅛ tsp
- Ghee/ Butter - 2 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready. Grate paneer, slice onions and green chillies, Keep everything ready.
- Crack and open the eggs. Then beat the eggs until frothy and fluffy with a fork or hand whisk. Sprinkle peeper powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well. Heat a pan with a tsp of butter. Let it melt.
- Then add onions along with chopped green chilli. Saute until onions turn golden brown. Then add grated paneer.
- Saute the paneer for a minute. Switch off the flame once done. Then transfer the paneer onion mixture to the beaten egg. Mix well.
- Heat a pan or tawa with another tsp of butter and pour the egg paneer mixture to it. Cook it in low medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Once the omelette is cooked on one side, turn the other side. Cook it further for two minutes. Switch it off once done.
- For babies below one year, you can make only with egg yolk. Skip salt.
- Make sure to introduce paneer and eggs separately before you try this paneer omelette for your baby.
- You can even skip onions and green chilles for small babies.
- You can also add one small tomato while frying onions for variation.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.