Mushroom soup – wholesome, creamy, healthy soup for toddlers and kids. Mushroom is a great immunity booster as its believed to kill viruses & bacteria’s and fight diseases. This mushroom soup is one of the nicest way to include mushrooms in Kids diet and best to give during cold/cough.
The climate here was so chill few days back & we felt like having soup and tried this creamy mushroom soup. It came out so well and tasted delicious. Little one at home enjoyed this soup very much:) This creamy mushroom soup can be given to toddlers from one year, after introducing mushrooms separate. Check out the other soup recipes I have posted so far. Now Let’s check how to make this easy cream of mushroom soup for toddlers and kids.
- Mushrooms - ¼ cup
- Onions - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 4 small cloves finely chopped
- Whole Wheat flour - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Butter/Ghee - 2 tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Whole Milk - ¾ cup
- Fresh cream/grated cheese - 1 tbsp
- Wash mushrooms in running water well. Remove the outer layer and stems. Keep it ready. Finely chop onions & garlic. In a thick bottomed pan, heat a tsp of butter and add onions & garlic. Saute them for two minutes.
- Now add chopped mushroom pieces with wheat flour. Fry them until water leaves. This may take 3-4 minutes. Then add whole milk along with pepper powder & salt. Boil it in a medium flame until slightly thick.
- Lastly add fresh cream/grated cheese. Mix well. Boil it for two more minutes and Switch off the flame.
- Introduce this mushroom soup to your baby, after introducing mushrooms separate.
- Always check with your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
- You can grind the mushrooms after sauteing and boil with milk, if your baby don’t like to eat mushrooms as such.
- Adjust spices according to your preference.
- You could add a pinch of mixed Italian herbs to this mushroom soup for older kids and adults.